Sunday, July 20, 2008

As we wait

I feel like I’m sitting out on the tarmac sometimes…just waiting for God to tell me it’s cool to take off. And as I wait, I look at all the other airplanes taking off and going to exotic places. It doesn’t matter how many places I’ve been to or even all the places I will go to. All I can focus on is the fact that I’m sitting, waiting, getting super tired of eating cheap airline pretzels wanting life to hurry up and go. In doing this, inevitably, I miss life. The right-here-and-now of life. I tend to be so busy looking ahead, wanting to fast forward, thinking things will be better when…when I take off!...that I just know I’m not making the most of each second.

I sat outside late last night on a rooftop overlooking downtown Minneapolis with friends old and brand new. The moon shined down on us as we hung out and laughed. It just hit me that I may be waiting out on the tarmac for some things, but what takes place in the cabin of my life as I wait is pretty darn good.

Kinda makes me wanna start groovin’ to the song “Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord, as we wait upon the Lord…”

1 comment:

august and everything after said...

i love this hj... so well said.