Saturday, April 25, 2009

My, how time flies

Something I love and hate…how time flies when you’re having fun. Lazy days on the beach with my dear friends in Cali. Laughs over good drinks with best girlfriends. Funny phone conversations. And then suddenly you look at the clock and realize a gi-normous amount of time went by and it felt like a total of three seconds. But you know darn well you had a good time…as opposed to like those last 20 minutes in class where time seems to have frozen, or that last hour of work on a Friday, or waiting in the doctor’s office.

I’ve been digging into 2 Peter today for class. One of my favorite things about reading the Bible is that I’ll just be putzing along, do do do, reading, do do do, and then a verse stops me. Wait…what did he just say? And even though I’ve read it before, it hasn’t hit me before. Today that happened with 2 Peter 3:8-9. “Remember…with the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping His promises, as some understand his slowness.”

I got to thinking about how sometimes we think God is moving at a snail’s pace, not doing something in our life that we want Him to be doing. But I think He actually loves us so much, and so enjoys our company, that His time is flying! What seems like for.ev.er. to us is two seconds to Him. And then when I realize that’s He’s enjoying my company, I wonder why I’m so busy wishing time would go quicker, when I could be laughing with Him, and soaking in all of His blessings right now. Tomorrow's will come in due time.

No comments: