Friday, May 27, 2011

Carry on...to the bake sale!

Here’s why I think I have the absolute coolest friends ever…

One very dear one turns 30 tomorrow, and what is she doing? She’s hosting a bake sale fundraiser at her local VFW and all the proceeds will go toward vets…you know, because it’s Memorial Day Weekend and all!

She is a fantastic baker, so if you’re in the Twin Cities, I strongly urge you to hit up the New Hope VFW Saturday! If you do, please give her a huge hug for me as I’m incredibly sad to not be there to enjoy the event and to tell her in person that I’m happy she was born.



And if you can’t go Saturday, check her out in the upcoming weeks on Saturdays at the New Hope Farmer’s Community Market. She and her scrumptious cake pops will be there throughout the summer.



She has helped carry many things for me in the past, including my heart during sad times, and everything from hairspray and ibuprofen to my purse and nerves on my wedding day. Because I can’t be there to help carry things for her on her special day, I made and sent her a farmer’s market tote. HJ will be there to carry in spirit! Happy birthday, friend! Love you.

1 comment:

Shelby M said...

I love you dear friend!! Thank you for this...made me tear up, because well, you are pretty special to me too. Love you to pieces. And miss you lots.