Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Mock. ING. Bird.

We’ve had a reprieve the past few days from the construction across the street. I’m not sure why, nor am I asking why! We’ll take it, but we have new sounds at new times now.

As we crawled into bed late last night, I felt like we were in the bird building at the zoo. “This is tripping me out,” B said. “It feels like it should be 5:45 in the A.M.!” Yet he promptly conked out as usual, while I lied awake listening to a bird singing away.

So, after some research, it seems we are home to a bachelor mockingbird singing desperately for a mate. (Instantly I think Dumb and Dumber’s Mock. Ing. Bird.) All mockingbirds sing throughout the day, but only bachelors sing at night, and usually they only have to sing for two to three weeks before finding a wife.

Maybe I should warn him…he’s singing from a home where it took 11 years for girl and guy to get together! Maybe he should go next door. I mean there’s an airhorn over there, but his chances might be better!

2 comments:

Jeannie Choi said...

BAHAHA! -- hilarious.

Shelby M said...

:)

mock...ING...bird...ING. poor fella. he needs a lady!!