Thursday, January 07, 2010

Cater to ME

There’s a bulletin board up at my gym, and as a gym member you can tack up a comment or question--good or bad. A mystery gym employee then will respond with an answer, also tacking it up on the board. Some of the banter is quite humorous. Yesterday morning as I filled my water bottle at the water fountain, I saw a new comment, still answer-less.

Comment: “Most of us who use this gym are between the ages of 30 and 70. Please cater to our music preferences!”

Huh? What exactly would those preferences be? I mean, that’s 40 years! I don’t understand. That’s the difference between Elvis Presley and Bon Jovi. Marvin Gaye and N Sync. Etta James and Britney Spears. The Righteous Brothers losing that lovin’ feeling and Eminem wanting the real slim shady to please stand up. You’re not really givin’ Anytime Fitness much to work with here, fellow gym member!

And, for the record, I do not fall between 30 and 70, but rather 0 and 30, and they are not catering to my preferences either. Hence ipod. So if they're not catering to 30+, and they're also not catering to those under 30...

I can’t wait to read the answer to this comment!

No comments: