Saturday, May 30, 2009

I know He knows

I know this, but I sometimes forget and someone reminded me yesterday:

God knows my desires because He MADE them. He gave them to me!

Which, then, is kind of funny when I think about the fact that I’m telling Him about my desires on a regular basis when I pray. God, did you know that I really want this? And for this person, I’d ask that you think about this. And thank you, crazily enough, you provided something and it was just what I needed. Ha! Imagine that!

Yesterday I blogged about a dear friend, who I said just “knows.” I don’t always have to explain myself, because she gets it. She knows! Well, God is this too. He knows, and even if our desires or our “needs” are not met today or tomorrow or in the way we think they should be, there is such great comfort in simply knowing that He knows.

I have a tendency to get anxious. To get ants in my pants, and when I remember that He knows my desires because he created them…I can feel myself settle, calm, sigh. Oh yeah. Ok. He knows. Thinking about this got me humming the song “He Knows my Name,” which has always brought me to tears or close to tears. So, for me, and a few other very special people in my life who are anxious for various reasons…words for this Saturday...

I have a Maker
He formed my heart
Before even time began
My life was in his hands

I have a Father
He calls me His own
He'll never leave me
No matter where I go

He knows my name
He knows my every thought
He sees each tear that falls
And He hears me when I call

No comments: