Monday, November 09, 2009

Before and after

Today is November 9, 2009.

For many it’s the difference between before and after.

Like B.C. or A.D., it becomes a marker. Before or after a loved one died. Before or after he proposed (yay, Paul!). Before or after cancer. Before or after something was said. And what the day means, then, is change. Drastic change. What’s ahead suddenly looks so different than it did yesterday. Life, as you know it, changes.

I can feel my anxiety rising at the thought of it, but God’s words whisper through my ears, calming me...

“Surely I am with you always...” (Matthew 28:20). Before and after.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Check out this song entitled "Before and After"

http://www.rhapsody.com/jimmy-needham/not-without-love/before-and-after

1 love, 2 hearts, 3 scars, draw us to where you are.

Can't decide between cheesy and kitchy...certainly catchy!

hj said...

thanks, girl!!