Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Do NOT throw your trash out the window!

I can't believe I forgot to tell you this...

On Saturday, while driving with a friend--actually crawling through traffic in the wake of the Gophers game--on 94, we saw the most disturbing, disheartening display of humanity.

Out of this guy's car window came a large, flying fast-food bag. As the bag made its way to the ground, the square, cardboard hamburger holder fell out, as did a scrunched-up napkin. And there the bag of garbage landed on the freeway, to be run over, smooshed, and dragged by oncoming cars.

I wanted to do something, but what? Yell something out the window? Stop traffic and pick up the bag--to make a point! My friend said there's a huge fine for throwing your Mickey D's bag out the window, so does one call the police with a license plate number? And then they search for that car, eventually knocking on this gentleman's door with a ticket? What was I to do?!

We settled for nasty looks in his direction as we passed him. I'd post his license plate number so you could do the same...if only I remembered it now.

1 comment:

Shelby M said...

i would've added some frantic, anger driven honking too. what a jerk!